This is the email from Evi's attorney that awaited me this morning as I woke up...
"...FYI – I received a ruling from the Court of Appeals. The appeals are done and the Court of Appeals affirmed Judge Araneta’s severance ruling and the ruling denying Madeline’s motion for change in physical custody. You can now proceed with the adoption! Let me know and/or contact Janet about this if you have any questions. How exciting though! Finally!"
As soon as I read it, I ran to Tom's home office and burst in and yelled, "Tom! Tom! We won the case! Evi is officially ours!" Tom stared at me and said, "No way." I said, "Yes, the attorney just emailed. Come see." Tom ran out of the office and read the email out loud. In almost shocked relief Tom and I wrapped our arms around eachother and hugged, and cried. After three and a half years of waiting, wondering, praying, pleading, fasting, almost giving up, feeling despair, hope, surprise, frustration, peace, worry, anxiety, shock and love...there is light at the end of the tunnel!
I am not sure exactly what will happen next but I will write as soon as we know more. For now, we are planning parties for adoption day and looking at white "Princess Temple dresses" for Evi's sealing day. Thank you Heavenly Father, thank you. Thank you family and friends, for those who just joined us in fasting and prayers yesterday and to those who have been praying for Evi since August 8, 2005, the day she was placed in our arms. Thank You!
4 comments:
I am so happy for you and your family. You have been on mind every since I got your Christmas letter. Congratulations.
Katie and Tom...What a GREAT day and What a GREAT blessing!!! We are so happy for you. Good things always come to those who wait and after the wait...what a great thing that has come your way. We give you our best and will look forward to the wonderful things that will take place with your family the next couple of weeks. Hang in there and Congradulations!!!
Tami and Dan Christensen
The Lord replaces tears of sadness with tears of joy! Congratulations!
I'm so excited to hear that you won the case. Prayers do get answered they just might take awhile. I love you and I'm so happy for your family.
Post a Comment