Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The end of the bunny story

Three months ago I wrote about the beginning of an unexpected set of events with our bunnies. Today my heart is sad and guilt-ridden as I write the end. We had to put our bunny to sleep today. She never healed from the first round of cuterebra from 3 months ago, and today we found another one in her. I never have been attached to a pet before and had no experience with euthanasia before today. I thought we were making the right choice for Bella, but now I am not sure. If I could live today over again, I don't think I would choose the same thing. If she were still alive, I don't know what we would do tomorrow for her, but at least today we wouldn't feel this way.

2 comments:

The Shumards said...

I'm sorry Katie, prayers to you and your family. I'm sure that is a hard thing especially for your kids.

Bridget said...

So sorry. But now you know for sure that "death with dignity" is a pile of crap that you should stay away from.